Thursday, September 30, 2010

Favorite Lunch

I think I ate this for lunch for at least 2 weeks straight before I finally could move on to something else.  I actually couldn't get enough of it!  It's just a veggie pizza...but not really..  The kids even like it!! 
So I decided that it was worth sharing.

Vegetable Pizza

12 oz grated raw zucchini
2 med eggs
17 oz grated mozzarella cheese
12 oz chopped tomatoes   
2 chopped green onions
1 small green pepper chopped
4 oz sliced mushrooms (I don't like them, so I leave them off)
4 oz grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1-2 tsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 400.  Squeeze out excess moisture from zucchini with paper towels.  Mix zucchini, eggs and 12 oz mozzarella together and press into the bottom of a greased pie pan.  Bake 10-15 min.  Remove pan from oven and layer veggies and remaining cheeses on top of the "crust."  Sprinkle with oregano and basil.  Drizzle with oil.  Bake 25 min. or until cheese is lightly browned.    (I used Colby Jack cheese once and it was really good too!)


Not the prettiest pie, but tasty!
I wish I would have found this recipe earlier in the summer before my zucchini plants died!

1 comment:

  1. okay, can you come over and make this for me. or you can just bring some over. thanks, hun.

    ReplyDelete