Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A blog of my own!

How does one begin?  Where do I start to tell you of the daily drama that is our life?  It seems that our life has been a constant run for the last 5 or 6 years.  Hmm... I guess that was when we moved to our new home and found out we were going to have a baby.  Eric, my husband, is a hard working man whom I have had the privilege of being married to for 12 years.  We have 2 neat kids, Jack and Sophia, which are always into something.  I went from a third grade teacher to a stay at home mom in a matter of 8 months.  I have been trying for the last 6 years to get a handle on this new job. 

We just started our second year of homeschooling.  The kids jumped back into it like it was nothing.  Jack even told me that he thought he hated school, but he really likes it.  :) 
Sophia is starting kindergarten this year.  She thinks she's BIG stuff.  She is all about getting up early and getting dressed up for school.  Jack is just the opposite.  He has to be drug out of bed with the promise of some yummy food. 
I am enjoying the school routine too.  Since we do a video curriculum from Abeka Academy, I get to do my Bible reading while the kids do their Bible class.  It is amazing how the old fashioned flannelgraph still captivates kids today. 

Grandma came for a visit yesterday.  The kids had so much fun with her.  We were all sad when she had to go this morning.  She left the kids plenty of books to keep them busy until we get to see her again.  Thanks Grandma!

Jack has a back to school party at church tonight.  He is loving the new activities that he gets to participate in this year since he's a first grader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment