Saturday, October 16, 2010

War Eagle Craft Show



No year is complete without a trip to the War Eagle Craft Show.  This year was no different.  And after every year, Melissa and I wonder why we thought it would be fun to take seven kids to a crowded craft show.  Well, someday we may have an answer. 

The funny thing is, Jack and Sophia were really excited to go.  Of course, Jack mostly had memories of turkey legs, funnel cakes, and popcorn. 


 
Kettle Corn Man!

Sophia has a new dislike for popcorn.  It actually isn't the taste, it's the smell.  Who doesn't LOVE the smell of popcorn??!  She was so happy that she had a stuffy nose that day and couldn't smell the popcorn.  She went to town eating it.


I don't have a good explanation for these chair pictures.  There was a chair sitting on the hillside, and I laughed as each kid had to sit in it as they walked past.



The bridge has new wood.  So much less scary to walk across now.

Jared believes that this is from 1943.  And from the way he knows his history, I think I will take his word for it. :)
This was supposed to be one of those lovely pictures of Jack and Sophia in a picturesque setting.  What I got was a man just to the left of them laughing his head off every time Sophia put her arm around Jack, and he would push her away.  I finally snapped a shot and called it good. 
Jack felt that we wasted our time at War Eagle because we didn't buy him the bow and arrows that he wanted.  As I always say, "Maybe next year."

3 comments:

  1. I have NEVER been to the craft fair. I could not take my kids unless they have shopping carts there for me to cart them around in. Looks like everyone had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i forgot what i was going to say after reading beth's comment. she makes me laugh. love how they all had to sit in that chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't know why we take all 7 kids to the craft fair every year! I guess we are just that desperate to get out of the house!

    ReplyDelete